RoyalAlbert.com - Click Here!

Friday, December 12, 2014

Chalkboard Paint from Scratch


Here’s what you will need:

Dry Non-Sanded Grout (purchased this huge tin at our local City Mill hardware store for $1.50…this will probably last me forever)
[easyazon-block align=”center” asin=”B001JPBFXG” locale=”us”]
Acrylic craft paints -White, Black, and Bright Magenta (Apple Barrel line by Plaid, found at Wal-mart)

NOTE: Our craft stores here on the island are somewhat lacking, so I wasn’t able to find anything perfectly matching Honeysuckle. I will give you my “formula” with those combined colors.
Measuring spoons and cups
Mixing cup or bowl
Paint brush or stick to stir

Step 1) Measure 1 1/2 teaspoons of the non-sanded grout and put in your mixing cup (this is very dusty, so please do this in a well-ventilated area).
Step 2) Pour in 1/4 cup of the  Pepto Bismol Bright Magenta craft paint.
Step 3) Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of white acrylic craft paint.
At that point, I really liked the color, but I was going for perfection, and I had the Pantone website up and was trying my very best to match what I saw on the screen. I could tell I needed to mute it slightly with some black.
Step 4)  Add 1/8 teaspoon black acrylic craft paint.
Step 5) Stir for a couple minutes with a cheap paintbrush or stick.

Recipe Adjustment Factor is 4 Times Original Amounts 
2 tablespoons non-sanded grout
1 cup craft paint
2 tablespoons white paint
1/2 teaspoon black paint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wide Width Damask Jacquard Curtain  - Besthomefashion.com

View more gifts at Zazzle.

Blog Archive